Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's Quilt Market Time!

Well, it was- last week, anyway. There's so much to cover, I don't even know where to begin.
First up, with all the new goodness on it's way, I need to clear some space on my shelves!


I got to Salt Lake City with my favorite travel buddies, Monica and Mo. This was a rotating billboard and it just happened to turn to this right when I took the picture. So perfect! It was a sign!


Then, after checking in to our hotel, we immediately jetted off to Patty Young's Schoolhouse lecture. I got to be a part of her Kyoko Misses fashion show!

DSC_0009

If you're wondering about that fab fabric I used for mine, it's the new Peacock Lane by Violet Craft. It will be available this summer from Michael Miller!!

Later that evening, my girls, The Sweet Hot Yams and I threw us a grand Yamboree! Lot's of amazing fabric and quilty people stopped by to see us, eat desserts, drink and celebrate!
Here are the 1/2 of the Yams that got to go to Quilt Market. We missed our other 1/2 that had to stay at home and hold down the fort.

<span class=
The Sweet Hot Yams: L to R Violet Craft, Mo Bedell, Monica Solorio-Snow, Kristin Link, Shelly Figueroa, Me and Heather Bostic in front (because she's short).


Yam goodie bags


<span class=
Aneela Hoey and Monica


<span class=
Lizzy House and Shelly (stripey, aren't they?)


<span class=
Johnny Disco, the best bartender!


That pretty much sums up the first day! So, how about a giveaway? I've brought back a bunch of goodies and little snippets of things to come.

Why don't we start with this little bit of brilliance by Izzy and Ivy Designs? They're called "Sprinkles" and it's all packaged in a cupcake holder! Brilliant!! I'll be carrying these in my shop soon, so keep an eye out!
When I used to make children's clothes, I would add a little label for my customers. But the clothes I made for my daughter never got one. Then, later on, I would never know what size the different items were. Doh! I wish I had a kit like this. And look how CUTE it is!! You get 2 of each size tag, from size 6 mos. to 8, and labels. Well, you're supposed to get 2 of each label, but I honestly don't know where the other Izzy and Ivy label has gone. So, you're only going to get one of those. Sorry!



Since I probably had the most fun and laughed more than I ever had at any Quilt Market, due mainly from all my hilarious friends and their stories, leave a comment and tell me something funny! I'll pick a winner Monday.

Thanks to Heather for most of the party pics! I was too lazy to get my camera out.

5 comments:

  1. it was my pleasure to vaca with you and share pics! hehehe... xoxoxo

    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at Disneyland right now with my family and yet I'm online (on my phone) looking at fabric! I'm so addicted to fabric. It's a sickness, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOmething funny huh? Well my hubby put the bed in our daughters room together with duct tape, I find anything that he uses duct tape for funny lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something funny... what if I talk about bodily functions? It works on my son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to order a fabric on your etsy list, but I cant seem to get it to add and make it 2 yards, and dont know how to get a hold o fyou. its the moda bliss circled and block fabric that is "cheater" fab, please contact me
    carol craven
    aka kingcooper0001@aol.com

    ReplyDelete